Almond milk is one of my favorite non dairy milks. I eat it with my cereal, granola, use it for baking, pancakes even on it’s own. I do buy almond milk from the store but it’s nothing like making your own. You get the authentic creamy rich taste of the almonds & not a watered down milk that you can barely taste the almonds.
Here’s my delicious homemade vanilla almond milk recipe. I hope you enjoy.
1 1/2 cup soaked almonds
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
5 cups spring water
- Soak almonds overnight in water.
- Rinse and drain almonds.
- Put almonds in a blender.
- Add water & salt.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Pour almond milk in nut milk bag or cheese cloth.
- Squeeze out almond milk as much as possible in a large bowl.
- Rinse out the blender and pour almond milk back in.
- Add vanilla & blend on lowest speed for a few seconds.
- Store in glass milk jar & enjoy!
Tip: For the leftover almond pulp
- Preheat oven to lowest temperature.
- Spread almond pulp on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put it in the oven until it completely dries out.
- When completely dried, allow to cool then put it in the blender.
- Blend until fine flour.
- And there you have it, your own homemade almond flour.