This granola is crunchy, lightly sweet, & the perfect satisfying breakfast when you want something quick and delicious. If you love the combination of peanut butter and banana like I do, you will love this recipe. I enjoy eating this granola as a cereal with almond milk Oatmeal and sometimes adding fresh fruit like mango, strawberries, apples or frozen blueberries. I’m telling y’all, it is off the chain good. I also like adding seeds like chia, hemp & sunflower to get those healthy fats in. I sometimes add a scoop or two of so delicious vegan vanilla coconut yogurt. If you haven’t tried it, you need to go to the store and buy it NOW! Thank me later. It’s my absolute favorite vegan yogurt that beats regular yogurt or any other vegan yogurts I’ve tried hands down.
This granola can be used as a topping for yogurt, smoothie bowls or even on it’s own as a snack. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please tag me on Instagram #herthrivingliferecipes if you make this yummy granola.
BANANA PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA RECIPE
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp banana extract (optional)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pink salt
1/2 tablespoon vegan butter
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup banana chips
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Pour 2 cups of oats in a large bowl with salt, peanuts & banana chips & mix well. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in a pot on medium heat.
4. Add peanut butter & maple syrup and stir until the peanut butter is completely melted.
5. Add coconut sugar & stir.
6. Turn off heat & take pot off burner.
7. Add vanilla extract , banana extract & cinnamon & mix well.
8. Take off heat and add vanilla & banana extract & mix well.
9. Pour wet mixture over oats & mix well with a spatula until all the dry ingredients are coated with the wet ingredients.
10. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & pour mixture on the baking sheet.
11. Spread the mixture flat & place in oven(middle rack) for 15-20 minutes.
12. Take granola out & let cool.
13. Crumble the granola in small or medium pieces.
14. Add raisins & toss with your hands.
15. Store in a airtight container & enjoy with almond milk, top your smoothie bowls, or eat is as is for a yummy snack.
*you can either roughly crush the banana chips and add them to bake with the granola or you can add them after the granola bake & leave the whole.
*Every ovennis different so when your granola has been baking for 15 minutes, check it to make sure it’s not getting too dark. If not, you can leave it as is or continue the 5 minutes.
*When you put the granola on a baking pan, you can flatten it or leave it however you pour it on there. This will create clusters. You would just spread it a little bit but not too flat.